What is one of the favorite treats of our newest couple, Ethan and Tori? Eggnog Snickerdoodles, of course!! These cookies taste just like eggnog, but there isn’t actually any eggnog in them!
Ethan Price and all of his siblings have enjoyed their mom’s eggnog snickerdoodles year after year. This Christmas cookie is definitely at the top of the list!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and 1-1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the nutmeg and remaining sugar. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Spend time with Tori, Ethan, and the entire Price clan when you check out my new novella, A Hero Inside, available December 23rd!